Western Chances would like to extend big congratulations to the 132 scholarship recipients who undertook Year 12 in 2018.
We are excited to share with you the great news that 99% of Year 12 Western Chances scholarship recipients completed VCE or equivalent last year. 28% of these talented and motivated young people also achieved a study score of 40+ in one or more subjects, placing them in the top 9% of students in the state for these subjects.
Please read below about where to next for our Year 12 graduates.
Destination statistics for scholarship recipients completing Year 12 are compiled annually with consistently excellent results. The outstanding results of our scholarship recipients reflect not only their hard work and dedication to their education but the important role our scholarships play in keeping young people engaged in the education system.
In 2018, 99% of the 132 Western Chances scholarship recipients who studied VCE or equivalent, successfully completed the year.
99%* of those who completed Year 12 have been offered places in tertiary and training institutions or will enter the workforce in 2019.
Of the 99%*:
116 recipients were offered places in bachelor courses
1 recipient was offered a place in an associate degree course
6 recipients were offered places in diploma courses
5 recipients were offered places in certificate courses
2 recipients will enter the workforce
*1 recipient is still waiting to receive a course offer
We are particularly thrilled to share the great news that 28% of these talented and motivated young people achieved 63 individual subject study scores of 40 or above across 20 different subjects. A study score of 40 or above places them in the state’s top 9% in each subject. This remarkable achievement is the result of our scholarship recipients’ ongoing commitment to their studies throughout their education.
2 recipients received 4 individual study scores over 40 and 1 recipient who received a perfect 50, was also named Dux of the school.
Western Chances is very proud of every one of our Year 12 graduates and wish them well for their endeavours in 2019. We are committed to supporting young people throughout their educational journey.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Documenting homelessness in Altona
- Western Chances Good Business Forum 2019
- Trinity Young Leaders Program
- Vale Lynne Wannan AM
- Scholarship student has big dreams to tackle inequality and discrimination
- National Volunteer Week 2019 - ‘Making a world of difference’
- Family values make accessible mental health care a priority for scholarship student
- Nominator spotlight: From student to Year 12 coordinator at Braybrook College
- Working together in Melbourne’s west.
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders