A former Principal and secondary school teacher, Ros Willett brings to Western Chances her expertise in the development and provision of specialist education programs for talented and motivated young people.
Image: From L-R Founder and Chair Terry Bracks, Deputy Chair Ros Willett, Deb Beale and Kelvyn Lavelle
From her early career experience, Ros understands the enormous barriers that affect young people, even when they have a passion to pursue their dreams. She was inspired by the purpose of Western Chances to provide practical support and connection that is invaluable to young people in Melbourne’s west. Ros couldn’t resist becoming a part of the team who are changing lives.
Helping Ros to drive results for Western Chances is her extensive managerial experience. Her current role as managing director of Willett Marketing encompasses sponsorship and event management, digital communications and education campaigns working with corporates and government clients.
In addition to her professional experience, Ros is Chair of the Theatre Works board and sits on the Marketing and Fundraising Committee. She is also a member of the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation Marketing and Fundraising Advisory Committee.
Ros is the current Deputy Chair of the Western Chances Board, having joined the board 13 years ago in 2004. She is a member of the Executive committee and actively involved with Fundraising and Marketing activities. Ros has been a huge contributor to the recent strategic review of Western Chances and happily hosts all the board meetings at Willett Marketing. Thanks Ros for everything that you do for Western Chances.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship