A former Principal and secondary school teacher, Ros Willett brings to Western Chances her expertise in the development and provision of specialist education programs for talented and motivated young people.
Image: From L-R Founder and Chair Terry Bracks, Deputy Chair Ros Willett, Deb Beale and Kelvyn Lavelle
From her early career experience, Ros understands the enormous barriers that affect young people, even when they have a passion to pursue their dreams. She was inspired by the purpose of Western Chances to provide practical support and connection that is invaluable to young people in Melbourne’s west. Ros couldn’t resist becoming a part of the team who are changing lives.
Helping Ros to drive results for Western Chances is her extensive managerial experience. Her current role as managing director of Willett Marketing encompasses sponsorship and event management, digital communications and education campaigns working with corporates and government clients.
In addition to her professional experience, Ros is Chair of the Theatre Works board and sits on the Marketing and Fundraising Committee. She is also a member of the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation Marketing and Fundraising Advisory Committee.
Ros is the current Deputy Chair of the Western Chances Board, having joined the board 13 years ago in 2004. She is a member of the Executive committee and actively involved with Fundraising and Marketing activities. Ros has been a huge contributor to the recent strategic review of Western Chances and happily hosts all the board meetings at Willett Marketing. Thanks Ros for everything that you do for Western Chances.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders
- Scholarship recipient makes the right moves toward career in medicine
- Western Chances alumni and tertiary recipient networking event
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Links Partner Profile: Maths professionals make ideal mentors for enquiring minds
- Acting career is no drama for scholarship recipient
- Compassionate scholarship recipient seeks rewarding career helping others
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example