A former Principal and secondary school teacher, Ros Willett brings to Western Chances her expertise in the development and provision of specialist education programs for talented and motivated young people.
Image: From L-R Founder and Chair Terry Bracks, Deputy Chair Ros Willett, Deb Beale and Kelvyn Lavelle
From her early career experience, Ros understands the enormous barriers that affect young people, even when they have a passion to pursue their dreams. She was inspired by the purpose of Western Chances to provide practical support and connection that is invaluable to young people in Melbourne’s west. Ros couldn’t resist becoming a part of the team who are changing lives.
Helping Ros to drive results for Western Chances is her extensive managerial experience. Her current role as managing director of Willett Marketing encompasses sponsorship and event management, digital communications and education campaigns working with corporates and government clients.
In addition to her professional experience, Ros is Chair of the Theatre Works board and sits on the Marketing and Fundraising Committee. She is also a member of the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation Marketing and Fundraising Advisory Committee.
Ros is the current Deputy Chair of the Western Chances Board, having joined the board 13 years ago in 2004. She is a member of the Executive committee and actively involved with Fundraising and Marketing activities. Ros has been a huge contributor to the recent strategic review of Western Chances and happily hosts all the board meetings at Willett Marketing. Thanks Ros for everything that you do for Western Chances.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship
- Young scholarship recipient’s personal development inspired by Western Chances community connections
- Award-winning photographer and scholarship recipient has a keen eye for chemistry
- Award-winning scholarship recipient striving for a career advancing technology
- Scholarship recipient finds courage to thrive in music performance
- Inspiring women with big futures in Melbourne’s west
- Scholarship recipient builds bright future sparked by a love of engineering
- Western Chances scholarship recipients excel in VCE and VCAL
- Scholarship recipient explores her passion for animal care
- Meet a Board member: Gaye Hamilton
- High octane science and engineering career ahead for scholarship recipient
- Western Chances workshop inspires next generation of leaders
- Gymnast and scholarship recipient becomes Dance Sports champion
- Scholarship recipient embraces university and work placements with an eye on the future
- Meet a Board member: Ros Willett, Deputy Chair, Western Chances Board
- A lifetime in the west: Western Chances nominator dedicates her life to supporting young people
- Scholarship recipient welcomed into Western Chances family
- Dedicated scholarship recipient keen to begin leadership career
- Scholarship recipient eyes opportunities through window into corporate world
- Performing Arts potential realised through Western Chances Scholarship