This week is National Volunteer Week. At Western Chances, we are extremely lucky to have some fantastic volunteers working with us to support young people in achieving their dreams.
Western Chances volunteers help out at our events, serve as board and committee members and support the day-to-day running of our office. As part of National Volunteer Week we wanted to introduce you Anna Watson, one of our fantastic volunteers.
Anna is a Western suburbs native living in Altona with her husband Kerry. She spent most of her working life in finance and administration at Victoria University, but has left that work and is pursuing her passion for Eastern and Western style floral art.
Anna started with us in the office just three weeks ago but has already made her mark helping us to organise our packed store room and using her administrative skills to assist us in keeping the office in order.
Anna has enjoyed using her experience to help a good cause and says that volunteering is really beneficial for her. “I get to meet new people, give back to the community and feel valued while maintaining my administrative skills.”
Want to get involved?
You can support Western Chances’ mission by volunteering. We welcome participation in particular from individuals in the business, community and education sectors - or through a financial donation or partnership.
Please contact us on 03 8345 7812 for more information.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship