Western Chances has many excellent volunteers who provide administrative support in the office, help out at our events or serve as committee members. To celebrate National Volunteer Week we would like to introduce you to Lyn Foote, one of our newest volunteers.
Lyn is a West Footscray local and golf enthusiast who came to volunteer at Western Chances just four weeks ago, putting her expert administrative skills to use by helping in the office.
“I am assisting with whatever tasks are at hand and learning about the scholarship recipients along the way.”
Lyn says it was a conversation with Western Chances founder and chair Terry Bracks AM that first prompted her to contact the organisation about volunteering.
“It seemed to be a great western suburb community initiative, and one I would like to join as a volunteer. I wanted to assist in a worthy cause, particularly relating to Western Chances work with young people and assisting with their education costs. It is our future.”
Even though she has only been with the organisation a short while she is already a great advocate for the organisation and strongly believes that Western Chances make a real difference in the lives of young people in Melbourne’s west, and beyond.
“The programs they run not only benefit the particular young people and their families who receive scholarships, but in turn will ensure that the future of communities into which the recipients will eventually move, will be enhanced. The programs will impact greatly on the calibre of these future adults in communities.”
Thank you to Lyn for her valuable volunteer hours, and happy National Volunteer Week!
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship
- Young scholarship recipient’s personal development inspired by Western Chances community connections
- Award-winning photographer and scholarship recipient has a keen eye for chemistry
- Scholarship recipient striving for a career advancing technology
- Scholarship recipient finds courage to thrive in music performance
- Inspiring women with big futures in Melbourne’s west
- Scholarship recipient builds bright future sparked by a love of engineering
- Western Chances scholarship recipients excel in VCE and VCAL
- Scholarship recipient explores her passion for animal care
- Meet a Board member: Gaye Hamilton
- High octane science and engineering career ahead for scholarship recipient
- Western Chances workshop inspires next generation of leaders
- Gymnast and scholarship recipient becomes Dance Sports champion
- Scholarship recipient embraces university and work placements with an eye on the future
- Meet a Board member: Ros Willett, Deputy Chair, Western Chances Board
- A lifetime in the west: Western Chances nominator dedicates her life to supporting young people
- Scholarship recipient welcomed into Western Chances family
- Dedicated scholarship recipient keen to begin leadership career