Western Chances has many excellent volunteers who provide administrative support in the office, help out at our events or serve as committee members. To celebrate National Volunteer Week we would like to introduce you to Lyn Foote, one of our newest volunteers.
Lyn is a West Footscray local and golf enthusiast who came to volunteer at Western Chances just four weeks ago, putting her expert administrative skills to use by helping in the office.
“I am assisting with whatever tasks are at hand and learning about the scholarship recipients along the way.”
Lyn says it was a conversation with Western Chances founder and chair Terry Bracks AM that first prompted her to contact the organisation about volunteering.
“It seemed to be a great western suburb community initiative, and one I would like to join as a volunteer. I wanted to assist in a worthy cause, particularly relating to Western Chances work with young people and assisting with their education costs. It is our future.”
Even though she has only been with the organisation a short while she is already a great advocate for the organisation and strongly believes that Western Chances make a real difference in the lives of young people in Melbourne’s west, and beyond.
“The programs they run not only benefit the particular young people and their families who receive scholarships, but in turn will ensure that the future of communities into which the recipients will eventually move, will be enhanced. The programs will impact greatly on the calibre of these future adults in communities.”
Thank you to Lyn for her valuable volunteer hours, and happy National Volunteer Week!
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Vale Lynne Wannan AM
- Scholarship student has big dreams to tackle inequality and discrimination
- National Volunteer Week 2019 - ‘Making a world of difference’
- Family values make accessible mental health care a priority for scholarship student
- Nominator spotlight: From student to Year 12 coordinator at Braybrook College
- Working together in Melbourne’s west.
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders
- Scholarship recipient makes the right moves toward career in medicine
- Western Chances alumni and tertiary recipient networking event
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future