A scholarship from Western Chances helps talented and motivated young people fulfil their potential. We do this by removing financial barriers so that students can buy essential items to help them remain in education.
One way to measure the success of our scholarship program, and the success of our recipients, is through year 12 completion rates.
Destination statistics for scholarship recipients completing year 12 are compiled annually with consistently excellent results.
In 2016, 111 Western Chances scholarship recipients studied VCE or equivalent. We are proud to report that 99% per cent of the 110 we were able to contact successfully completed the school year.
The outstanding results of our scholarship recipients reflect not only their hard work and dedication to their education, but the important role our scholarships play in keeping young people engaged in the education system.
In total, 96 per cent of our Year 12 Western Chances scholarship recipients were offered places in tertiary institutions, training or employment. Of the 96%:
- 79 were offered places in degree courses
- 11 recipients were offered places in diploma courses
- 6 recipients were offered places in certificate courses
Congratulations to our recipients who completed year 12 in 2016. We know that you worked hard to achieve your results and we hope you are inspired to dream big in the future.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship