Offering a sneak peek into university life, the Trinity Young Leaders Program is packed with learning opportunities and career development activities for students approaching the end of high school.
As part of the Western Chances Links Program, scholarship recipients are able to attend the week-long residential program, which provides students with a range of benefits including a boost to their confidence and their job prospects.
Participating students choose from a diverse list of subject streams, which align with the current degree pathways available at the University of Melbourne. Students benefit from highly interactive learning, excursions and group work. Classes are held on the University campus and run by University of Melbourne lecturers, giving the program participants a true experience of university life. Students can see what it would look like to take their interests further, to consider developing a career in their field, or try out a new path.
Students in Years 11 and 12 are making important choices for their future study pathway, and the residential Young Leaders Program provides mentoring to help clarify career options and opportunities.
Excited by the possibilities, one Western Chances recipient, Teo said: “Through the week I realised something huge that would affect me in my future, and that is that I not only want to continue Psychology but would also love to study at the University of Melbourne!”
Teaming up with like-minded young leaders from around the world, the students enjoy a unique international experience. For students who are looking to explore their potential, the program provides a welcoming environment to share their thoughts, ideas and concerns with peers who are all finding their way at a similar stage of life.
“I had the chance to meet people from all over the world and create strong friendships. It was definitely an experience that I will forever remember, and one that will be of great benefit in the future as well,” adds Teo.
Through its collaboration with Trinity College, Western Chances has been able to provide many talented students an unforgettable and valuable experience to grow in confidence and make decisions about future career pathways. Attending the Trinity Young Leaders program is a unique opportunity for young people to realise their potential.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders
- Scholarship recipient makes the right moves toward career in medicine
- Western Chances alumni and tertiary recipient networking event
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Links Partner Profile: Maths professionals make ideal mentors for enquiring minds
- Acting career is no drama for scholarship recipient
- Compassionate scholarship recipient seeks rewarding career helping others
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example