Year 11 student Saeed Sahebi has discovered his path to a career in engineering and is building a bright future for himself.
Saeed has a message for all the Western Chances supporters who have encouraged him on his journey:
“Western Chances made a massive difference in my education, they helped me to become who I am now...I’m really thankful for this opportunity that they gave me and I really appreciate it.”
Saeed received his first Western Chances Scholarship when he was in Year 9 in 2016 when he was nominated by his maths teacher for academic excellence and leadership and was also recognised as a role model to his peers. Saeed was successful in having his scholarship renewed in 2017 and has received funding for textbooks, tutoring, stationery, printing, photocopying and to purchase a desk.
“Western Chances have offered me useful programs, for example, attending Spark Engineering Camp. I’m glad I participated in this program. I met so many new friends who were interested in the same industry that I want to grow. Spark Engineering was a great opportunity for me to decide what I want to do with my future after I finish year 12.”
An adventurer at heart, Saeed enjoys being around nature.
“I’m a really active person, I play sport a lot, specifically soccer and basketball. I’m interested in photography and I play an instrument as well. “
Saeed says that his parents decided to come to Australia for one reason and that was for him to have a bright future and be the person who he wants to be.
“My big dream for the future is to become a person that makes my parents proud. After university I want to study Law and Civil Engineering as a double degree and that is one of my big dreams as well.”
We’re all proud of what you’ve achieved so far, Saeed, and we can’t wait to see what’s ahead for your future success.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship
- Young scholarship recipient’s personal development inspired by Western Chances community connections
- Award-winning photographer and scholarship recipient has a keen eye for chemistry
- Scholarship recipient striving for a career advancing technology
- Scholarship recipient finds courage to thrive in music performance
- Inspiring women with big futures in Melbourne’s west
- Scholarship recipient builds bright future sparked by a love of engineering
- Western Chances scholarship recipients excel in VCE and VCAL
- Scholarship recipient explores her passion for animal care
- Meet a Board member: Gaye Hamilton
- High octane science and engineering career ahead for scholarship recipient
- Western Chances workshop inspires next generation of leaders
- Gymnast and scholarship recipient becomes Dance Sports champion
- Scholarship recipient embraces university and work placements with an eye on the future
- Meet a Board member: Ros Willett, Deputy Chair, Western Chances Board
- A lifetime in the west: Western Chances nominator dedicates her life to supporting young people
- Scholarship recipient welcomed into Western Chances family
- Dedicated scholarship recipient keen to begin leadership career