Year 11 student Saeed Sahebi has discovered his path to a career in engineering and is building a bright future for himself.
Saeed has a message for all the Western Chances supporters who have encouraged him on his journey:
“Western Chances made a massive difference in my education, they helped me to become who I am now...I’m really thankful for this opportunity that they gave me and I really appreciate it.”
Saeed received his first Western Chances Scholarship when he was in Year 9 in 2016 when he was nominated by his maths teacher for academic excellence and leadership and was also recognised as a role model to his peers. Saeed was successful in having his scholarship renewed in 2017 and has received funding for textbooks, tutoring, stationery, printing, photocopying and to purchase a desk.
“Western Chances have offered me useful programs, for example, attending Spark Engineering Camp. I’m glad I participated in this program. I met so many new friends who were interested in the same industry that I want to grow. Spark Engineering was a great opportunity for me to decide what I want to do with my future after I finish year 12.”
An adventurer at heart, Saeed enjoys being around nature.
“I’m a really active person, I play sport a lot, specifically soccer and basketball. I’m interested in photography and I play an instrument as well. “
Saeed says that his parents decided to come to Australia for one reason and that was for him to have a bright future and be the person who he wants to be.
“My big dream for the future is to become a person that makes my parents proud. After university I want to study Law and Civil Engineering as a double degree and that is one of my big dreams as well.”
We’re all proud of what you’ve achieved so far, Saeed, and we can’t wait to see what’s ahead for your future success.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship