Year 11 student Saeed Sahebi has discovered his path to a career in engineering and is building a bright future for himself.
Saeed has a message for all the Western Chances supporters who have encouraged him on his journey:
“Western Chances made a massive difference in my education, they helped me to become who I am now...I’m really thankful for this opportunity that they gave me and I really appreciate it.”
Saeed received his first Western Chances Scholarship when he was in Year 9 in 2016 when he was nominated by his maths teacher for academic excellence and leadership and was also recognised as a role model to his peers. Saeed was successful in having his scholarship renewed in 2017 and has received funding for textbooks, tutoring, stationery, printing, photocopying and to purchase a desk.
“Western Chances have offered me useful programs, for example, attending Spark Engineering Camp. I’m glad I participated in this program. I met so many new friends who were interested in the same industry that I want to grow. Spark Engineering was a great opportunity for me to decide what I want to do with my future after I finish year 12.”
An adventurer at heart, Saeed enjoys being around nature.
“I’m a really active person, I play sport a lot, specifically soccer and basketball. I’m interested in photography and I play an instrument as well. “
Saeed says that his parents decided to come to Australia for one reason and that was for him to have a bright future and be the person who he wants to be.
“My big dream for the future is to become a person that makes my parents proud. After university I want to study Law and Civil Engineering as a double degree and that is one of my big dreams as well.”
We’re all proud of what you’ve achieved so far, Saeed, and we can’t wait to see what’s ahead for your future success.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Vale Lynne Wannan AM
- Scholarship student has big dreams to tackle inequality and discrimination
- National Volunteer Week 2019 - ‘Making a world of difference’
- Family values make accessible mental health care a priority for scholarship student
- Nominator spotlight: From student to Year 12 coordinator at Braybrook College
- Working together in Melbourne’s west.
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders
- Scholarship recipient makes the right moves toward career in medicine
- Western Chances alumni and tertiary recipient networking event
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future