On this International Day of Peace, we recognise the courage and commitment of young Western Chances scholarship recipient, Eangano Singehebhuye, who is striving to foster a sense of community in Melbourne’s west.
Eangano is a passionate student with great leadership potential. His energy is focused on helping others in his community to overcome barriers to success.
He is currently planning an evening of community building, working with Acts of Random Kindness (ARK) and Football Empowerment to highlight young African-Australian successes and talents. The event is scheduled for mid-November and will promote the positive majority of succeeding African- Australian youth. The event aims to empower and encourage African-Australian Youth to continue thriving and chasing their dreams.
This event is a great reflection of how Eangano draws together community networks in a spirit of cooperation and positivity. Furthering his education is also important to Eangano and he continues to develop his potential through the scholarship and additional opportunities provided by Western Chances.
“Thank you Western Chances for giving me and several of my siblings a hope and a chance for a tertiary education.”
Eangano’s dream for the future goes beyond academic achievement. He is “paying it forward”, contributing to efforts to bring his community together for a brighter future for all.
“I hope all goes according to plan with my ambition, because I will certainly help as many as I can when my time comes. And this is a seed of giving, loving and helping that you've planted in me. I hope many fruits will come from these seeds. Thank you.”
We congratulate this passionate scholarship recipient on his courage, commitment and generosity of spirit.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship