On this International Day of Peace, we recognise the courage and commitment of young Western Chances scholarship recipient, Eangano Singehebhuye, who is striving to foster a sense of community in Melbourne’s west.
Eangano is a passionate student with great leadership potential. His energy is focused on helping others in his community to overcome barriers to success.
He is currently planning an evening of community building, working with Acts of Random Kindness (ARK) and Football Empowerment to highlight young African-Australian successes and talents. The event is scheduled for mid-November and will promote the positive majority of succeeding African- Australian youth. The event aims to empower and encourage African-Australian Youth to continue thriving and chasing their dreams.
This event is a great reflection of how Eangano draws together community networks in a spirit of cooperation and positivity. Furthering his education is also important to Eangano and he continues to develop his potential through the scholarship and additional opportunities provided by Western Chances.
“Thank you Western Chances for giving me and several of my siblings a hope and a chance for a tertiary education.”
Eangano’s dream for the future goes beyond academic achievement. He is “paying it forward”, contributing to efforts to bring his community together for a brighter future for all.
“I hope all goes according to plan with my ambition, because I will certainly help as many as I can when my time comes. And this is a seed of giving, loving and helping that you've planted in me. I hope many fruits will come from these seeds. Thank you.”
We congratulate this passionate scholarship recipient on his courage, commitment and generosity of spirit.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- An adventure at the London International Youth Science Forum
- Learning and working in Texas
- A career that’s taking off
- A passion to inspire through storytelling
- A lens on homelessness
- Western Chances Good Business Forum 2019
- Trinity Young Leaders Program
- Vale Lynne Wannan AM
- Scholarship student has big dreams to tackle inequality and discrimination
- National Volunteer Week 2019 - ‘Making a world of difference’
- Family values make accessible mental health care a priority for scholarship student
- Nominator spotlight: From student to Year 12 coordinator at Braybrook College
- Working together in Melbourne’s west.
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life