On Wednesday June 21, we invited a cross-section of our Western Chances alumni and recipients to have their say about the kinds of activities and events in which they would like to be involved.
We held strategic planning workshop at Clayton Utz in Collins Street to discuss new ideas, seek comments on current programs and develop a three year plan.
The workshop brought together members of STAR (the Scholarship Team for Advice and Review) along with alumni board member Celia Tran, Program co-ordinator Fiona O’Grady and Jack Thompson from Wendy Brooks Consulting who co-facilitated the event. The attendees all participated in a lively brainstorming session which resulted in whiteboards full of thoughtful insights and valuable feedback which will be incorporated into the final three year plan.
Through events like this and working with STAR and our Recipient Advisory Group we aim to ensure that the needs of our scholarship recipients and alumni remain at the very heart of Western Chances’ programs.
As special thank you goes to Grace Ness and Clayton Utz for providing the fantastic venue and facilities at no cost for this workshop.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances Scholarship recipient to appear on Q&A panel
- Western Chances Alumni Brainstorm Session
- Communication: the key to a bright future for scholarship recipient
- Scholarship recipient honoured to represent Australia at Washington’s Capitol Hill
- Making a difference with medicine: Scholarship recipient inspired to pursue a career in patient care
- Good Business Forum 2017 Wrap Up
- New Alumni Community Program – Word from the Wise
- Alumni Business Spotlight: Leesa Ward from Double-E Design
- Western Chances Alumni Abid Khan: Star of the stage and medicine
- 2017 Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony
- Outstanding Year 12 completion Western Chances Scholarship Recipients
- Big Dreams for women in Melbourne’s west
- From music to journalism: Scholarship recipient carves out a promising career
- Western Chances alumni receives Premier’s top volunteering honour
- Western Chances scholarship recipient dancing towards a bright future
- Nominator Spotlight: Keilor Downs College
- A year in the life of a Western Chances Alumni Community Program member
- Alumni Natasha Jones on International Day of People with Disability: “We want the same thing as you”
- Recipient receives spark of inspiration at Engineering Camp
- The latest Western Chances Board update