On Wednesday June 21, we invited a cross-section of our Western Chances alumni and recipients to have their say about the kinds of activities and events in which they would like to be involved.
We held strategic planning workshop at Clayton Utz in Collins Street to discuss new ideas, seek comments on current programs and develop a three year plan.
The workshop brought together members of STAR (the Scholarship Team for Advice and Review) along with alumni board member Celia Tran, Program co-ordinator Fiona O’Grady and Jack Thompson from Wendy Brooks Consulting who co-facilitated the event. The attendees all participated in a lively brainstorming session which resulted in whiteboards full of thoughtful insights and valuable feedback which will be incorporated into the final three year plan.
Through events like this and working with STAR and our Recipient Advisory Group we aim to ensure that the needs of our scholarship recipients and alumni remain at the very heart of Western Chances’ programs.
As special thank you goes to Grace Ness and Clayton Utz for providing the fantastic venue and facilities at no cost for this workshop.
Image by TeroVesalainen/Pixabay
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”
- Inspired changemaker paves the way for future young leaders
- Scholarship recipient makes the right moves toward career in medicine
- Western Chances alumni and tertiary recipient networking event
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Links Partner Profile: Maths professionals make ideal mentors for enquiring minds
- Acting career is no drama for scholarship recipient
- Compassionate scholarship recipient seeks rewarding career helping others
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student