Western Chances young ambassador Julia Truong has won the AustralianSuper Kick Start Career Award as part of the Victorian Young Achiever awards.
Photo: Victorian Young Achiever Awards L-R Anne Connors, Rhyll Dorrington, Victor Tran, Julia Truong, Fizz Dakin.
On Friday May 13, the Western Chances team joined Julia Truong for the award presentation in Docklands and were thrilled when she was announced as the winner of the prestigious AustralianSuper Kick Start Career Award.
Julia is an ambitious entrepreneur starting not just one but two businesses by the age of 22. Her first business, JT. Production Management is responsible for managing productions and events including Western Chances’ major events – the Good Business Forum and Scholarship Award Ceremony.
To add to her achievements, Julia recently joined the Multicultural Business Advisory Council providing advice to the State Government on how to best engage with culturally and linguistically diverse businesses in Victoria.
The story of her win has been promoted by media all across Melbourne’s west, including the Brimbank Leader where Julia said she was “proud and honoured” by the award and credited Western Chances for helping her in her success.
CEO Rhyll Dorrington said of Julia’s achievements:
“Julia is indicative of a lot of our scholarship recipients in the western suburbs.
“She’s incredibly resilient and motivated and I’m constantly amazed by her emotional intelligence.”
You can read the full article about Julia’s win on the Brimbank Leader website.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship