The first Western Chances Alumni and Recipient Networking Event was a resounding success. There was so much positive energy in the room as our alumni and tertiary recipients gathered with corporate supporters to make new connections and share dreams of their future.
We all know that Western Chances scholarship recipients are committed, motivated and determined to achieve their best as they progress through secondary school and tertiary studies. To continue the journey, our holistic support program aims to help our recipients use their existing knowledge and provide support and connections as they transition to the workforce.
Western Chances has an extensive network of business and industry partners who certainly know a thing or two about establishing careers across a broad variety of fields. As with all our supporters, the invitees jumped at the chance to provide additional support to scholarship recipients and alumni.
The event was a great opportunity for young people to build their networks with both peers and professionals. They were able to pick the brains of a friendly and welcoming crowd of industry experts and business people. Our supporters were only too happy to help our young people recognise where their achievements had brought them so far and to chat about their own journeys and help further career options.
We would like to thank everyone who attended to support Western Chances scholarship recipients and alumni. We know the young aspiring professionals made the most of the chance to develop their career potential. Thank you especially to the event host, Nation Partners, for providing an exceptional venue, amazing food and a huge staff and guest contingent. Thank you also to our recipient photographer Gemma Saunders and please have a look at her website and contact Gemma if you need a professional photographer.
As we say at Western Chances - talent is everywhere; opportunity is not. These additional opportunities are welcomed and enjoyed by both supporters and members of the Western Chances family.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- A passion to inspire through storytelling
- A lens on homelessness
- Western Chances Good Business Forum 2019
- Trinity Young Leaders Program
- Vale Lynne Wannan AM
- Scholarship student has big dreams to tackle inequality and discrimination
- National Volunteer Week 2019 - ‘Making a world of difference’
- Family values make accessible mental health care a priority for scholarship student
- Nominator spotlight: From student to Year 12 coordinator at Braybrook College
- Working together in Melbourne’s west.
- Netflow-Western Chances partnership supporting talented young people in Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award Ceremony 2019 - Event Wrap Up
- Great results for Western Chances Year 12 students
- Scholarship recipient responds to One Young World call to action
- Nominator spotlight: A champion for enterprising young students
- Western Chances and Melbourne Airport: Celebrating 10 years together
- Nominator Profile: Creating opportunities for young people is a way of life
- Alumni and recipients say thank you to donors and supporters
- Travel fuels scholarship student’s desire to improve global health
- Basketball fan takes his study game to a new level with scholarship “assist”