Western Chances would like to extend a big congratulation to our scholarship recipients who undertook Year 12 in 2017.
Destination statistics for scholarship recipients completing Year 12 are compiled annually with consistently excellent results.
In 2017, 120 Western Chances scholarship recipients studied VCE or equivalent. We are proud to report that 100% per cent of the 118 we were able to contact successfully completed the school year.
The outstanding results of our scholarship recipients reflect not only their hard work and dedication to their education, but the important role our scholarships play in keeping young people engaged in the education system.
In total, 97 per cent of our Year 12 Western Chances scholarship recipients were offered places in tertiary institutions, training or will be entering the workforce in 2018
Of the 97%:
99 recipients were offered places in bachelor courses
4 recipients were offered places in associate degree course
7 recipients were offered places in diploma courses
2 recipients were offered places in certificate courses
3 recipients will be working
We are particularly thrilled to share the great news that thirty of these committed and motivated young people achieved individual subject study scores of 40 or higher in one or more VCE subjects.
A study score of 40 plus places them in the state’s top nine per cent in each subject which is a remarkable achievement. This achievement can be attributed to their hard work and dedication throughout their education. Overall these scholarship recipients achieved sixty five 40 plus study score across 21 different subjects.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship
- Young scholarship recipient’s personal development inspired by Western Chances community connections
- Award-winning photographer and scholarship recipient has a keen eye for chemistry
- Scholarship recipient striving for a career advancing technology
- Scholarship recipient finds courage to thrive in music performance
- Inspiring women with big futures in Melbourne’s west
- Scholarship recipient builds bright future sparked by a love of engineering
- Western Chances scholarship recipients excel in VCE and VCAL
- Scholarship recipient explores her passion for animal care
- Meet a Board member: Gaye Hamilton
- High octane science and engineering career ahead for scholarship recipient
- Western Chances workshop inspires next generation of leaders
- Gymnast and scholarship recipient becomes Dance Sports champion
- Scholarship recipient embraces university and work placements with an eye on the future
- Meet a Board member: Ros Willett, Deputy Chair, Western Chances Board
- A lifetime in the west: Western Chances nominator dedicates her life to supporting young people
- Scholarship recipient welcomed into Western Chances family
- Dedicated scholarship recipient keen to begin leadership career