Western Chances would like to extend a big congratulation to our scholarship recipients who undertook Year 12 in 2017.
Destination statistics for scholarship recipients completing Year 12 are compiled annually with consistently excellent results.
In 2017, 120 Western Chances scholarship recipients studied VCE or equivalent. We are proud to report that 100% per cent of the 118 we were able to contact successfully completed the school year.
The outstanding results of our scholarship recipients reflect not only their hard work and dedication to their education, but the important role our scholarships play in keeping young people engaged in the education system.
In total, 97 per cent of our Year 12 Western Chances scholarship recipients were offered places in tertiary institutions, training or will be entering the workforce in 2018
Of the 97%:
99 recipients were offered places in bachelor courses
4 recipients were offered places in associate degree course
7 recipients were offered places in diploma courses
2 recipients were offered places in certificate courses
3 recipients will be working
We are particularly thrilled to share the great news that thirty of these committed and motivated young people achieved individual subject study scores of 40 or higher in one or more VCE subjects.
A study score of 40 plus places them in the state’s top nine per cent in each subject which is a remarkable achievement. This achievement can be attributed to their hard work and dedication throughout their education. Overall these scholarship recipients achieved sixty five 40 plus study score across 21 different subjects.
OTHER NEWS ITEMS
- Western Chances supporters provide opportunities for the future
- Fortune favours the fish that swim upstream
- Scholarship recipient highlights young African-Australian success
- Level-up your performance with practice – a key lesson for musician and scholarship student
- Scholarship recipient steps into leadership role to connect his community
- Scholarship recipient leads by example
- Western Chances CEO finds shared purpose at Garma
- Residential program fosters confidence, growth, and leadership potential
- Students emerge stronger from Kokoda track experience
- Spark creates bright futures
- Alumni gives back to Western Chances through leadership
- Good Business Forum 2018 Wrap Up
- Volunteering abroad builds skills and insight for scholarship recipient
- Uganda to Melbourne’s west: Joel’s story
- Dancer joins the ranks of the Western Chances Alumni
- New volunteer Lyn a valuable member of the Western Chances team
- Scholarship recipient explores career options and aims to make a difference
- Volunteer and keen golfer finds sweet spot assessing scholarship applications
- Westpac Foundation’s Community Grant Ambassador advocates for young people Melbourne’s west
- Western Chances Scholarship Award ceremony – celebrating the achievements of our newest scholarship