The Western Chances Alumni Community Program provides previous scholarship recipients with exciting opportunities to participate in key networking and learning events.
To qualify as a member of the Alumni Community Program you need to be:
• a previous Western Chances Scholarship recipient
• not currently receiving financial support from Western Chances
• 18 or over
If you answered YES to all the above, we welcome you to join now.
1. Subscribe and enter your details to join our mailing list and keep up to date with opportunities and events
2. Complete the survey to have your say about the kinds of activities and events in which you would like to be involved
Alumni Events in 2017
We are excited about our plans for workshops and events for this year. The workshop topics we are considering include;
CV writing and Interview Skills
In our highly competitive jobs environment, standing out from the crowd is extremely important. This workshop will enable you to;
· Customise your CV for the right impact
· Identify and highlight your strengths, competencies and cross functional skills
· Create rapport and presence
· Develop confidence and assertiveness techniques
· Respond to competency based questions
· Effectively answer difficult questions
· Ask ‘powerful’ questions that help distinguish you
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is now a worldwide phenomenon. Embraced by educators and major companies, programs applying EI are believed to improve academic accomplishment and reduce anti-social behaviour. EI is used in many companies for hiring, promoting and developing employees and is identified as a critical skill for achieving success.
Whether you are studying, applying for a job or wanting to excel in your current role, developing excellent presentation skills is critical. Delivering a brilliant presentation requires a number of skills including effective planning, choosing the right delivery methods, the efficient use of technology, effective communication skills and more. This workshop will provide you with in depth knowledge, specific tools and techniques to enable you to conduct powerful presentations.
Based on the success of our Leadership Skills workshop delivered in October 2016, we are offering this session again in 2017. Craig Perrett is one of Australia’s leading corporate advisors, working with CEOs and senior executives of a select group of blue-chip organisations. In this session, Craig will provide expert advice on developing your leadership abilities and how to be strategic about planning your career.