Western Chances rely on your donations to provide much needed support to young people in Melbourne's west.
Since 2004 we have invested $4.6 million to support talented and motived young people living in Melbourne’s west. Our scholarships have helped 5000 students to overcome financial barriers to their educational dreams. In 2015 100% of our recipients taking part in the VCE or equivalent went on to further education.
“It's just such a pleasure to see the look on their faces when you tell them the great news. I remember one girl who came to the staff room with her friends and when I told her, she was overwhelmed and her friends hugged her in joy. I'm addicted to this - the minute I finish one application successfully I start to look around for another student who deserves more than they're getting,” Western Chances Nominator
We need your help to do more
With the western suburbs being one of the fastest growing regions in Victoria, demand for financial support for young people is growing. A small investment of just $10 a month can help a young person to achieve their dreams.
Our scholarships range between $600 and $1200 per student, per year. This might not seem like a lot of money, but this small amount has a big impact. The other real value is that Western Chances provide ongoing support to students who are eligible to renew their scholarship year after year.
“Thanks for giving me the opportunity to renew my scholarship. I recently received a fully paid MYKI without which there would be no possible way for me to travel to school. In essence, without Western Chances I wouldn’t be able to continue with my high school education and complete Year 12 this year,” Western Chances Scholarship Recipient
“The recipients of the renewal scholarships are just ecstatic...the students feel affirmed, supported and more motivated to achieve their very, very best,” Western Chances Nominator
What can your donation do?
Whether you choose to donate, monthly, annually or make a one-off donation, at Western Chances a little goes a long way.
Here are some examples of how your donations assist our recipients:
- $10 per month can buy a specialist piece of equipment or software for a talented designer or artist
- $15 per month will cover annual stationery and photocopying costs for a student
- $20 per month will buy a CAS Calculator for our talented math students
- $25 per month will cover the costs of a 6-month Student MYKI to get our recipients to and from school, tutoring and extra curricular activities
- $40 per month will pay for internet access for one student for a year
- $50 per month will cover most of the text books for a secondary school student for a year
- $70 per month will pay for a laptop computer allowing a student the flexibility to study anytime, anywhere.
- $100 per month will provide one or more annual scholarships for a recipient which will help them reach their full potential
How to donate
We gratefully accept donations of any size and have a number of payment options available for you.
• Click here to give a one-off donation online
• Click here to give a regular direct debit donation online
If you prefer, you can make your tax deductible donation via cheque. We'll then mail you a receipt.
Please send a cheque, payable to: Western Chances
Address: Western Chances c/o Footscray Hospital, Level 3, 3 West, 160 Gordon Street, Footscray, Victoria 3011
Our ABN: 17 110 713 865
Run a fundraiser for Western Chances
Please contact us on 03 8345 7812
Become a major supporter
Please contact us on 03 8345 7812
Bequests: A gift for the future
Bequests are critical to the future of an organisation like Western Chances.
Every gift in a Will makes a difference and directly contributes to improving the life of a young person in need.
To find out more about how to contribute in this way, contact Western Chances CEO, Rhyll Dorrington on (03) 8345 7812. All discussions will be confidential and without obligation.
Western Chances thanks all our supporters. All contributions are gratefully accepted and highly valued.
Donations over $2 are tax deductible within Australia. Everyone receives a donation receipt by email when approved.